An eye examination isn't just about checking how well you see, it allows us to see directly into your body to actually see veins, arteries and a variety things that may indicate other health issues that may need further investigation. Diabetes, Glaucoma, Macular degeneration and hyper tension can all be picked up during a routine eye examination. We would advise you make an eye test a part of your general health regime just like your regular visit to your dentist.
Many people qualify for a free eye examination -
- Under 16 years old
- Under 19 and in full time education
- Suffer from Diabetes
- suffer from Glaucoma
- If you are over 40 years old and a direct relative of someone who suffers from Glaucoma
- If you are considered at risk of Glaucoma by an Ophthalmologist
- Registered blind or partially sighted
- Receive income based Employment Support Allowance (ESA)
- A prisoner on leave from prison
- In receipt of or the partner of someone in receipt of Income Support
- Income based job seekers allowance (JSA)
- In receipt or the partner of someone in receipt of Pension Credit Guaranteed Credit
- Have or are named on a Tax Credit Exemption Certificate
- Name on or in receipt of a valid HC2 Certificate.
If you are unsure if you qualify for a free NHS eye examination call in or phone us on 01427616505 and we will try to help.